pub lgh 2014

 

Tel (+27) 35 572 1292

Fax (+27) 35 572 1266
eMail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Demographical: Municipal Profile

 

Population Growth

 

According to Census 2001 findings the Jozini Municipal population is 184091 people, it is estimated that approximately 69% of the land within its jurisdiction belongs to Amakhosi (Ingonyama Trust Board), with the remaining 31% divided between State and private sector. Jozini Municipality is established interms of section 12 of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, Act No.117 of 1998 as a Local Municipality. Jozini Municipality is comprised of seventeen wards with 33 councillors

Section 18 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000 requires municipalities to develop a culture of Municipal governance that complements formal representative government with a system of participatory governance. To meet this requirement, Council has to, among other things, inform community of appropriate mechanisms, processes and procedures and structures available to encourage and facilitate community participation.

 

Household Size (Population Group)

 

Household Size

Black African

Coloured

Indian or Asian

White

Total

1

5710

-

-

35

5745

2

4065

-

-

69

4134

3

3308

-

-

34

3342

4

4860

-

105

-

4965

5

4405

-

-

34

4439

6

3822

-

-

57

3879

7

2817

-

-

-

2817

8

2960

15

-

-

2975

9

2462

-

-

-

2462

10+

3771

-

-

-

3771

 

 

Household Income (Population group)

 

 

Black African

Coloured

Indian or Asian

White

Total

No Income

70 924

19

-

257

71200

R1 - R400

6 002

-

-

-

6002

R401 – R800

10 421

-

-

 

10421

R801 – R1 600

9 575

19

-

-

9594

R1 601 – R3 200

3 882

-

189

68

4139

R3 201- R6 400

2 699

-

60

197

2956

R64 001 – R12 800

1 828

-

-

66

1894

R12 8001 – R25 600

573

-

-

66

639

R25 601 – R51200

236

-

-

66

302

R51 201– R102 400

80

-

-

-

80

R102 401 – R204 800

305

-

-

-

305

R204 801 or more

188

-

-

-

188

Response not given

3 232

-

62

-

3294

Institutions

1 027

9

9

75

1120